Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oops...

Oops...

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where they're trying to help the Marathon runner not oversleep and miss his race.

On another note, the camp I was teaching at finished up today. It was weird saying goodbye to everyone; it's been a while since I went to camp, so the wave of nostalgic goodbyes was an unfamiliar feeling. I will miss the camp, but I definitely need the rest. My schedule as of late has been leave the house at 8:30, teach at a local camp from 9:30-12, quickly eat lunch, then hurry to meet the driver who drives me outside the city to the camp. Class from 2-5:30, quickly eat dinner, class again 6-9:30, get driven back to the city, take the subway, and make it home around 11. 9.5 hours of teaching + over 3 hours of travel time for over 10 straight days (not counting the 8th). It's been rough on us to have me gone so much. By the time I get home, I'm wiped out. The nice thing, though, is that I've made enough to take some time off from teaching to take some Chinese classes in September. It's like I did two months work in one month...

Here's a fun little highlight:

This was my last class with my favorite class. One of my TAs and I were singing the "Way Back Into Love" duet from Music & Lyrics (rent it and watch it if you haven't seen it) and the kids started to get really excited. After I took this video they started standing on their chairs and desks and rocking back and forth. Eventually someone turned out the lights and they all started waving their cell phones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahahahahahhaha i miss you guys!