Monday, September 01, 2008

Oh snap...

It has recently come to my attention that I can only snap my fingers with my right hand. I've always thought of myself as having a decent snap. Only to find out, decades later, that I only have a half decent snap. My left hand is more of a light thud. I guess I've mostly just been snapping both hands at once, rather than alternating. I find it odd, too, since I'm left handed in everything else, except apparently, snapping.

I've been working on my left hand technique, with only minor improvement. It's really quite sad. *snap* *thud* *snap* *thud* As far as I can tell, it's all about the placement of the ring finger along the edge of the thumb to maximize contact with the middle finger. Hmm...I'll work on it and keep you posted.

Anyone else had a random / sad realization like this? You might want to check your snaps...maybe you too only have one fully-functional snap.

3 comments:

DP said...

right when i read "snap thud snap thud" I instinctively tried it myself. I, though, have two fully-functional snaps. BOOYA

I'm just kidding, I'm sorry for your sad realization.

tamz said...

haha i'm in the "snap thud snap" boat with you josh :) wow, that's crazy, i thought it was just cos i was right-handed.
something i wish i could do on both sides is this thing where you make your lips go in opposite directions...not sure how to describe it, but i can do it fine on one side, but not the other.

i guess i'll have something to keep me busy in my psych class now :)

Peasprout said...

I've long realized that I can snap far better with my left hand than with my right, even though I'm right-handed. I don't have the snap thud problem. Mine is more of a loud snap not-so-loud snap thing.